Monday, October 12, 2009

Alive....

Never felt more Alive than now. Hard to imagine that a few weeks ago I was almost dead. Yep, the flu hit me...no not swine, the normal flu. I went to the doctor on Sept 24...they gave me some pills, after that night...4 days of nonstop vomiting. I didn't eat or drink anything for those for days so I got severely dehydrated and to add my potassium levels were in the negatives. That was the worse part because your muscles need potassium to move, and I had none in my entire body. That The next day I checked myself in the E.R with a temperature of 105. Apparently I had lost so much weight from vomiting that the doctor asked me if I had Aids. Did I really look that sick? I can't remember I was in and out of it. They took so much blood from me my arms are still sore today. I spent about 2 days in the ICU cause they thought my body was going to give out, then I finally got out and in my own room. I was released that Thursday, they kept me there until my potassium level was normal...that was a bitch cause I kept vomiting. They gave me liquids via I.V. line...man I never wanted my mom so bad. I really thank God that she was there by my side the entire week. I'm 25 yrs old, and I thought I never needed my mom like I needed her then. I never really wanted to carry on, I did think about just letting go. I never want to ever go through that again...never. It was hard when I got home, I actually had to learn how to walk again, and I would get these cramps in my legs. But I am doing much better...my throat still hurts a bit from all that acid that came up, but it's getting better.
This is the bruise from when I passed out trying to go to the restroom. I hit my arm on the guard rail on the bed.


At least I was fed well. Hospital food has come a long ways now!!! It's just too bad I kept vomiting all up. LOL!

And this is how I was fed the first few days, through my veins. You can see the bed pan across the way, I fill that up at least 4 times a day with vomit.