Monday, July 21, 2008

El Scorcho

That's how I feel this past week. The past week was an all week long orientation for freshman...and to add, a 2 2-hour classes after the program everyday last week. I haven't had time to read the readings so I've been cheating on Sparknotes.com. Hehe. I didn't even have time to study more my midterm that was today. I was given a 5 sheet study guide and I did it yesterday and todaythat , was for my Studies in Dramatic Literature class. Then I had a mid term paper for my Philosophy class. Panicking all weekend for my Lit class, the mid term was like putting butter on toast. I can't believe none of that stuff on the study guide was on the exam; instead we were to write our opinions of the plays.

I just got an email on my Philosophy class saying it was cancelled! Uhg the fatherless sleep I did to write that paper all night last night.

Friday midnight the premier of The Dark Knight...and let me tell you they really mean Dark. This ain't your daddy's Batman. No cheesy comic lines like the last 2 movies by Joel Schumacher. That’s right no stupid lasers lighting strobes, no neon fluorescent lighting like your on ecstasy, and the best part, there are no damn nipples on the Bat suit.

Unlike the 89 Joker a happy-insane clown, Dark Knight’s is an insane-happy clown. Yes I admit I was skeptical about Ledgers performance. The entire buzz about him doing a good job and getting an Oscar Nominee seems really redundant. If they are saying this to sympathize with his death then they are wrong. You can’t play this by ear; you have to see this movie to make the call. I saw it, and I think he did a damn good job. I didn’t have clown phobia before, but after that movie I might just have picked up a case of it. He’s dark, twisted, and insane. Just like the comic book, unlike the other Jokers they’re just laughing and dancing on the rooftop. This Joker goes beyond that. Yeah it was long but the plot made up for it. It acutely lays down the foundations for the battle that is soon to come.

This is not a super hero movie, this is The Dark Knight.

I advise you to see it as many times as you can, especially at your local I-Max theater.

“Why so serious?” Because it is that damn good.

Saturday night, they broke in to my mom’s car. I figure that who ever did it was watching in the parking lot a club they were at. The open the trunk by smashing the window and took my moms purse. The purse that had all credit cars, money, account info, and camera, and phone. They had used one of the cards to put gas in their car right across the street of the club.

If you’re over 29…stay your ass home. What business dose a 44 yr old doing at a club. Stay home watch a movie..or start working on creating a family.

No comments: