Monday, August 25, 2008

1-800-wah-wah

So apparently Robert Downey Jr. is upset because The Dark Knight has made Iron Man in to scrap metal. Yahoo had interviewed him and he disses the cape crusader.

From Yahoo.com:

"...But looking back on" Iron Man", Downey says he had a feeling it would be successful. "I don't often say that I know how things are going to go, but I did know that 'Iron Man' was going to come out and be received and have the kind of success it did. So it wasn't surprising, but gratifying because it would have been very disappointing if my feeling and my intuition about it hadn't been met by reality - as is often the case."

The actor downplays what the film's success has done for his career at this particular juncture. "I think it's like anything. At a certain point, Favreau and I were invited to a dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Beverly Hills and I felt like they opened the books and we were made guys. There was a lot of like power players there and studio people and that we were sitting, and we left and I felt like we, 'I feel like we were just - like mafia. They just made us.' It was this weird thing too because I don't know if any of us had this experience, but sometimes you go from being in one position to being in another or you have a certain sense of achievement and there's this kind of energy that happens where there literally is an energetic transformation. Then the next day you wake up and it's just another day."

Another day perhaps, but "Iron Man 2" is a topic of conversation, as he and Favreau are currently collaborating on a story for the much anticipated sequel. "Now Justin Theraux who wrote 'Tropic Thunder', is writing it and Jon and I are working on the story with him. It's pretty great and I think it's going to be cool. I think it's going to appropriately well thought out so that we don't forget what got us the response that we appreciated so much, which is, we didn't say, 'Great, now that this is like this, now we're going to twist it and do this with it.' It's now; I'm not saying we're going to do bits. I think more of the same; it is a very rich feel, because it was a very simple movie, if you ask me. It was an origin story."

Which apparently was not the case with the other big summer movie "The Dark Knight". "My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

Well I'm sorry that your movie sucked Mr. Downey. Just remember that when Iron Mad debuted in the comic world, he was always a B-rated Superhero. Do your fucking research man. And you don't have to go to F-cking college to see this movie, you just gotta stay of the crack and stop checking you self in to rehab, yeah remember that little part in your life mr.


No comments: