Saturday, August 23, 2008

back track

So this weekend has been busy, when it really should be the calming before the storm, meaning school starting. Today I started my job with Houston Vote...have you registered by the way? I can now help you since I now have been deputized by the Harris County Clerk Office. Any ways, For about 4 hrs I walk around Pasadena putting registration pamphlets on the doors of those who are not registered. It was ok, until when I was almost done. My car wouldn't start...again. It struggled to start, and when I did get it to start, it wouldn't go above 2nd gear. So here I am driving on the major streets only under 20mph. I went to the Wal-Mart in Pasadena so the could see what the problem is...but they didn't have a Auto place...so I had to drive to the Wal-Mart at Almeda, what should of taken 15 minutes...took and hour to get there. Well it's working...for now. I didn't get to do my second part of the job.

But the people with Houston Vote, they all seem nice.

Friday was hectic as well. Went downtown to get deputized, saw a man acting like Jesus. But only wearing a yellow shirt, and shorts. But he was carrying a giant wooden cross on his back. After that went to school to take care of some business. I went by the Bat cave and I was put to work making flyers for the O-Team, but I paid off. The Admissions office had a lunch in, cater by Kelly's Country Cooking. Chicken Fried Stake the size of Texas itself was on the menu, along with the usual southern "fix'ns". 7 different cakes for dessert.

Thursday was the best night. Matt came in from Austin, and the day before Steph :) and I talked all day planing to meet up somewhere. We finally made plans to meet. Dave and Busters was the plan, Matt and Adam came. It was almost like a reunion. What top the night is what I got for Steph. You know that claw machine game you put money in to get prizes. Well at D&B's they have one, but this was a gigantic one with over sized animals. Can you guess who got won her not 1 but 2... yes, 2 sea animals!!! (baby seal and an orca whale) His initials are H.J.A.D.L.R.

Back to work tomorrow.

No comments: