Friday, June 6, 2008

New Horizon pt2

I GOT THE JOB...RIGHT ON THE SPOT!!!


So I went to the job interview. First I couldn't find the office. The office was on the 2nd floor. Why, I don't know, but I found it. The interview was reschedule at 1pm, but they didn't see me till 1:10. And they thought I was some Hernandez guy, apply for a receptionist job. Isn't that a chicks job??? Any ways I met with a lady who was in charge of the Life Skills dept. and the Principle. There was a light miscommunication. When they saw my resume floating on line at the Houstonisd web site, they saw that I had taught Life Skills, but what I put down was not their particular "Life Skills". I taught things such as getting better grades and how to study better. Their life skills class deal with the mentally challenged students. So I brought in Egzona. Now she is not mentally challenged, but I talked of her "culture shock" and how she didn't fit in yet. (She's from Kosovo) Her behavior problems and how I dealt with them.
I also talked about how much of an art freak I am, and I would like to try art therapy.

After that the principle ask if I could leave so she and the other lady talk brief. I thought, man that was quick. I'm not qualified. It's a no.

I was called in, and the principle offered me the position if I was interested. Heck yeah I am!!! Well I didn't say it like that, but I took it. They were pleased and hope that I would consider this position as a career.

Shook hands, they gave me a hug....yeah you know me and hugging. But they said this is a family and family gives hugs not hand shakes.

So I will be working with special ed students, and subing for regular teachers when needed.

The best things is it's right by my house, like 3 minutes away! But there is one thing I'm worried about. It's a full time, 7am - 4pm. I have to take night classes. I hope this won't slow me down.


BUT I AM HAPPY!!!
I called my mom but she didn't pick up, so I called mom #2 Kara, she did. Thanks.


Crap, I made my fall class schedule from 8am-2pm, It took me all day!!!

No comments: